ပတ်ဝန်းကျင်ထိခိုက်မှုဆန်းစစ်ခြင်းဆိုင်ရာဒေသအဆင့်နည်းပညာလုပ်ငန်းအဖွဲ့မှ ရေးဆွဲလျက် ရှိသည့် ပတ်ဝန်းကျင်ထိခိုက်မှုဆန်းစစ်ခြင်းလုပ်ငန်းစဉ်တွင် အများပြည်သူပူးပေါင်းပါဝင်ခြင်း ဆိုင်ရာဒေသအဆင့် လမ်းညွှန်ချက် (Regional Guideline on Public Participation in EIA) အတွက် မြန်မာနိုင်ငံဆိုင်ရာ အမျိုးသားအကြံပေး ခေါ်ယူခြင်း
ပတ်ဝန်းကျင်ထိခိုက်မှုဆန်းစစ်ခြင်းဆိုင်ရာ ဒေသအဆင့် နည်းပညာလုပ်ငန်းအဖွဲ့မှ ရေးဆွဲလျက်ရှိသည့် ပတ်ဝန်းကျင်ထိခိုက်မှုဆန်းစစ်ခြင်းလုပ်ငန်းစဉ်တွင် အများပြည်သူ ပူးပေါင်းပါဝင်ခြင်းဆိုင်ရာ ဒေသအဆင့်လမ်းညွှန်ချက်(Regional Guideline on Public Participation in EIA ) အတွက် အမျိုးသားအကြံပေးအဖြစ် လျှောက်ထားလိုသူများသည် ၄င်းတို့၏အချက်များနှင့်အတူ ၂၀၁၆ခုနှစ် ဇန်နဝါရီလ ၂၀ ရက်နေ့ နောက်ဆုံးထား၍ email@example.com သို့ လျှောက်ထားနိုင်ပါသည်။
ဆက်သွယ်ရန်လိပ်စာ – ဒေါက်တာဆန်းဦး၊
ညွှန်ကြားရေးမှူး ပတ်ဝန်းကျင်ထိန်းသိမ်းရေးဦးစီးဌာန ရုံးအမှတ်(၅၃)၊
နေပြည်တော် ဖုန်း- ၀၆၇-၄၃၁၃၂၉/၀၆၇-၄၃၁၃၂၈ ဖက်စ် – ၀၆၇-၄၃၁၃၂၉
Position Title: National Advisor to the Regional Technical Working Group on Environmental Impact Assessment
The National External Advisor will work collaboratively with the members of the Regional Technical Working Group (RTWG) on EIA and the RTWG Secretariat (Pact/Mekong Partnership for the Environment) to advise and support the RTWG on EIA in its efforts to develop regional guidelines for public participation in EIA.
Primary Duties include:
- Advise the RTWG members on sound techniques/strategies and content for developing the regional guidelines of public participation in EIA;
- Support RTWG members and countries to promote best practices of public participation in the EIA process, especially incorporating the regional guidelines into the national implementation agenda; and
- Support the RTWG members in mainstreaming the regional guidelines into the ASEAN agenda, as well as the agendas of other development partners where applicable and appropriate.
During the first meeting of the Regional Technical Working Group (RTWG) on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) in Bangkok in September 2015, RTWG members emphasized the need for national External Advisors to support formulation of the regional guidelines for public participation in EIA (‘regional guidelines’), as well as for integration into their respective country policies and practices and the broader ASEAN region. This Terms of Reference (TOR) for External Advisors to the RTWG on EIA has been prepared in response to the activities outlined in the Action Plan and TOR for the RTWG on EIA, and has been further refined and finalized during the second formal meeting of the RTWG (December 2015 in Tam Dao, Vietnam).
Tasks and Roles
The External Adviser will work closely with the RTWG members from the respective country and interact regularly with the RTWG Secretariat (Pact/Mekong Partnership for the Environment) and associated staff, including consultants, for developing the regional guidelines and addressing the key objectives above. Some specific tasks include the following:
- Provide independent and objective viewpoints, expert advice, inputs, written comments, and clarifications to RTWG members in support of the development of the regional guidelines.
- Review the outline and draft regional guidelines and provide feedback to the RTWG members.
- Provide best practice cases for respective countries, and share with the RTWG members about their applicability in the country and regional contexts.
- Lead the organization of national consultation(s) on the draft regional guidelines, ensuring a proper and effective process, and alignment at the national level (i.e. compliance/harmonization with national legislation, policies, and procedures).
- Consolidate inputs from national consultation(s) for revision of the regional guidelines, and provide recommendations to the RTWG and Secretariat.
- Support pilot implementation of guidelines at the national level where appropriate.
- Provide strategic direction and support to RTWG members to mainstream the regional guidelines into the national and, as appropriate, the regional (e.g. ASEAN) agendas.
- Support capacity building and awareness raising about the need and benefit of the regional guidelines.
- Promote effective multi-stakeholder engagement in various scales and sectors [i.e. government-CSO, and private sector, and national-regional scales] with the RTWG.
- Help to link the RTWG efforts with other relevant initiatives as appropriate.
- Attend the formal meetings of the RTWG on EIA and its events where relevant.
- Provide a short written summary of progress and support provided on a monthly basis.
Duration of Assignment
The time required for the assignment is initially estimated at twenty five (25) days, estimated within the period from February – December 2016, with possibility of extension.
- The Advisor should ideally be a national from the respective country, with working command (writing, reading, speaking) of the national language as well as English.
- Academics, researchers, scientists, legal experts, or other recognized professional experts, who may be consultants, in environmental, social and/or health impact assessment and public participation preferred.
- Experience in the working area(s) for at least 5 years, including practical application/experience, with at least a Master’s degree in a relevant area.
- Reputable, respected individuals/organizations with potential connections to national and/or regional policy makers preferred.
- Strong skills in facilitation, communication, mediation, negotiation and/or capacity building preferred.
- Have demonstrated experience in national and/or regional policy processes.
- Have knowledge and experience in the social, economic, environmental, political and cultural context of the Mekong region.
An honorarium will be provided, along with relevant expenses related to travel, accommodation, and per diem during any mission related to the RTWG on EIA, with prior approval by Pact/MPE. Payment will be made by Pact upon submission of a work plan, invoices and satisfactory performance (including short monthly written reports).
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a summary about how he/she will specifically contribute to this assignment (from existing networks, technical/professional practices, and time commitment), along with a cover letter and a CV, to Pact Thailand Human Resources Unit via firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20, 2016. Applications must clearly state which country for which they are interested to be considered. Only one advisor per country will be selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted